Easy Peasy Christmas Treats

Christmas can be a stressful time of year for the adults of this world who have to purchase and wrap presents for a thousand people, decorate the Christmas tree, make an elf costume for the school play, entertain guests with homemade canapes and prepare for the holidays! Of course it needn’t be so stressful, and I’m here to help you make this festive season as soothing as a treatment at a day spa. Well, maybe not that soothing, but how nice would that be as a Christmas gift?

Instead my present to you is the simplest, no-bake recipe for Christmas Chocolate Coconut Balls that kids are able to make themselves and they also make lovely Christmas gifts! You can make this recipe your own by decorating the chocolate balls with different lollies and presenting them the way you like. I’ve decided to put my chocolate balls to friends in old egg cartons and wrap a big ribbon around them. Have a fantastic festive season in the lead up to Christmas, enjoy!

A cute way to present your Christmas treats!

Christmas Chocolate Coconut Balls

A simple, no-bake recipe that kids can make and they also make lovely Christmas gifts.

Ingredients:

250g Teddy Bear biscuits

½ cup Cabury drinking chocolate

350g sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp vanilla paste

250g fine desiccated coconut

For decoration: You could use Jaffas, Green Snakes, Reindeer Ears, Silver Balls, Flowers – Anything that you like!

Method

1. Place biscuits in a bowl of a food processor, blitz on high until biscuits resemble breadcrumbs.
  2. Add drinking chocolate to food processor and blitz using the pulse button until just combined.
  3. Add vanilla paste to the mix and then slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk blitzing on low-med speed until the mix is combined. The mixture should be firm to touch and not too sticky.
  4. Remove blade carefully from food processor. Using your hands roll a small amount of mixture, about 1 tbs, into small balls, it might help to have slightly wet hands for this. Once you’ve formed a small ball, place a Jaffa on the top of the ball and then roll in coconut. Decorate with green snakes and silver cachous to make Christmas puddings.
  5. Place in sealed container, or if the balls are quite soft place in refrigerator to firm up.

Tip: If the mixture dries up and the coconut becomes difficult to stick onto the balls, wet them slightly and then roll in coconut

Merry Christmas!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Easy Peasy Christmas Treats”

1. Simon H
    December 6, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Hello Dani,

These cupcakes look delightful and I look forward to trying them really soon.

May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy 2012.

2. Jan Meijer
    December 6, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

Thank you very much.

An inviting recipe for kids to make. Enjoy the holidays and may 2012 bring you all the best and success.

3. December 6, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Thank you so much for this Dani :) I’m always looking for little Chrissie treats, and sweet gifts for people – can’t wait to get into a heap of baking!

4. bob muir
    December 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm #

hi dani thanx for the coconut balls recipie they will be a great treat for the kids ( and big kids ) :)

5. Maz
    December 6, 2011 at 8:22 pm #

What a great idea! Thanks Dani!

6. Jenni
    December 7, 2011 at 11:19 am #

Hi Dani. Today was the day you left the show in Scotland. A sad day indeed. But then we got to see you return home to your family and learned of your website, so it’s not all bad. The Christmas coconut balls look yummy, and fit with our Christmas preparations too. However, we’re not quite there for Spring soup yet, with a good sprinkling of snow on the ground! All the best in your endeavors.

7. sean mckevitt
    December 8, 2011 at 12:48 am #

HI Dani

At the moment here in Ireland we are just coming to the end of watching Masterchef Australia Season 3 , last night was the night where you unfortunately went home , it was only at the end of the show when It stated you had a website up and running ,
    I would like to congradulate you on your website , it looks fantastic , you where my fav cook in masterchef for real ,
    I loved your idea’s ……………most came from planet Dani, but thats a great thing so creative ,
    I will be sure to try out the recipes you have on the site ,

Best wishes for the future

Your Irish friend
    Sean

• danivenn
      December 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

“planet Dani” – I like it!! Thanks Sean : )

8. December 8, 2011 at 9:14 am #

First of all congratulations on getting to finals week on Masterchef (we have only just got there so far in the UK). My wife and I think you’ve got some great food ideas and cannot wait to see what else you come up with!

9. Dee
    December 10, 2011 at 8:28 am #

Hi Dani, really really want to make these, not sure if we can get Teddy Bear biscuits in Ireland, can you tell me what type of biscuits these are or if i could use any other types?? Thanks

• danivenn
      December 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

You can use Arrowroot biscuits also Dee! Cheers!

10. divyan
    December 15, 2011 at 1:47 am #

dani u rock…ur site’s awesome.. very nice and tasty christmas treats…
    u were a very true inspiration for me..
    once again u rock !!!

11. Jo McPhee
    December 20, 2011 at 10:27 am #

Thought I’d check you out after reading about you in Sunday Herald Sun…I completely missed the whole Masterchef thing but wanted to see your blog. This no cook recipe is a great one to do with my 4 year old , Daniel . He is anaphylactic to nuts so this is something he can help me make, and also eat. I will endevour to make it with him once I gather the ingredients!
    Miss Jo

12. Simon H
    January 4, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Hello Dani,

I really like the look of your blog now it looks much better.

Keep up the work.

Can’t wait to see what recipes you will put up this year.

from Simon.

13. marina
    January 9, 2012 at 5:35 am #

it is a wonderful recipie